Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Help

I was just guessing.. Number and figures.. How can you calculate emotions.. My supervisor once said to me, you know.. The feeling.. Does she mean to rely solely on what I felt around me. To weigh in on the subjectives? I've thought a lot on this subject. And I think maybe she was referring to what can one see when someone is suffering. I think there must be a distinction between suffering and pain. In that when in suffering, you can perhaps find a remedy. But what about pain? It's like shooting an animal dead because he's not worth living or "to ease the pain". However, we may be content in finding or looking a person in such agony that provokes us to help. "I see you".. At last help is conceited!

Now comes into figuring emotions.. This was my famous attempt in designing a method of justifying the sociality of orangutans. My boss said look into the bond between a mother orangutan and her baby. And I'm sure you can find play. Perhaps the baby orangutan learns lots from play. This is social interaction. I've succeeded in coining interaction, and association (contact). But from a formula that came from the study of birds, I saw that there was justice and order in the system that made me calculate aggresion, look into social justice and dominance.

The review of social interaction in the ground made you have assumptions but by examining it, made you conclude to other critical thinking that involves a wider scope of inhibition in their nature and constructive models that evolves from pre-conditions.

The social system has been established and it takes a longer time to be re-constituted. Genes directly continues from patriarch to it's decendents to avoid in-breeding. But if the time is not right, you might disconnect this linkage.

The orangutans are intelligent. I once encountered a big male that counted up to 10x. He must've came about this master skills from his fingers. Or to establish contact. I refuse to believe in exaggeration of dominance. Because all beings share the equal surmount of compassion. As in feeding and security. So look at a chimp in the eye and what do you see.

Once when I was at the Sepilok's quarantine centre. Thanks to Dr. Sen approval. I went to watch baby orangutans rummage on some sugar canes. I held my fingers closely to them. And then they began nimbling gently, exploring. Orangutans are gentle creatures. They could've bit off my hands but instead what they showed, was caress.

And yes, orangutans are really shy creatures. I was with Zul and we were trekking for orangutans. I used my nose to smell them. And found out that they were many feeding on a food patch. Suddenly I heard a branch broke. I haste to see. There, was Maria, a female orangutan. We followed her.. And then, came an adult male by the name Yan. He was certainly persuasive when it comes to mating. They copulated many times in the nest that she built. But she kept on eyeing on the observers below. While at it, covering her body as could be possible and squatting as low possible into the nest. It was the first time, I had a great clear view on orangutans in the forest as they were high up on the trees. How do I know she shyed away was because she was playing hard to get. What do I mean on this, based on records, minute counts, she ran away avoiding the pursuer and then try to coax her way out of the relationship. Matings in orangutans are complex. You never know if she was consent. But put in other words, orangutans had no choice since they always meet up in the forest. And males are highly esteemed. However, they have beautiful ways to gain tolerance and order. Maybe not justice. But that's another story to tell..

Kidding! Well I found that there are least sexual harassments but whom I am to know when I am only an observer. I could say she wants it because they've copulated but from the number of times they do makes me an analyst! Haha.. Gotcha! And of course, there is an explanation to everything. These males are afraid of the residential male. And I mean as in the alpha male. Not telling you more. This is nature, I have to say. The inquisite mormon of nature. They have ways to regulate themselves and strike order. And in that way, entice compassion in that aggression is consoled to snarling and brandishing..

The tribal people only go to war because we taught them how to.. Notwithstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment