Wednesday, January 9, 2013

From a Kalimantan boy

But not today (By Agung) I shall grow old perhaps but not today. Not while my hopes are young, my spirits strong. My vision clear, because life has a way. Of smoothing out the wrinkles with a song. I shall grow old perhaps, but not today. Not while my dreams, remaining a shining shield. My faith a lance, and neath a sky of Grey. My colours wave uppon the battlefield. I shall grow old perhaps, but today. Not while this pen can write upon a page. And memories turn winter into May. Shall this stout heart be brought in terms By age. I shall grow old, perhaps but not today. And scorning Time who would enlist my tears. I stand convinced there is a better way. Of occupying Time all the coming years. I shall grow old, perhaps but not today. In my own style and in my own sweet time. No night so dark here does not fall a ray. Of light along the pathway that I climb. Just say of me, when my last hour slips. Like one bright leaf so softly rest among the other.. Life was Summer to the heart. One who died believing he was young.

No comments:

Post a Comment