Sunday, September 6, 2009

MOON

In the midst of a crowd of people, 
I stood alone, 
Everybody passing, everybody rushing,
I stood still alone,
Is this the world we live in, 
Or is this the world we reflect upon?

I long to be free,
Free from all anxiety,
Free from unreality,
Free from dishonesty.

I long to be in the woods,
With the archaic trees that stood,
And sway away with the stream,
Just a place for me to lean,
To let go of this pain I feel,
This emptiness I long to fill.

Where can I run,
Where do I belong,
Run towards the sun,
I can only dream on.

Only the wind, only the light,
Only the birds, only the earth,
That give me might in my plight,
In search of truth till the time is right.

I gazed at the starling stars,
I contemplate on that lonely moon, 
So cut off from the world,
So lost...

The hills, the vermillion coloured sky, the endless
ocean, the carpets of forest, the quiet canyon,
the universe...
give sense to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment